Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, REACTOR!

That's right, tens of readers, THE REACTOR is one year old, today. On July 29, 2009, I began reacting to things, and I'm still goin strong (and could go admittedly stronger).
So here's some stats (via Google Analytics) to round out Year One:

Total Visits: 3052
That's less than most minor blogs get in one day. Sad.

Average Time on Site: 1 minute, 1 second
Yup, internet short attention span FTW.


Unique Visitors: 1373
Woohoo.

Most Used Browser: Firefox
Coming in with a remarkable 53%. Thanks, mom.

Most Visits in One Day: 112
I promoted a post on io9.com and got inundated.

Most Popular Post: "Why I Will NOT See Avatar" with 245 hits.
That's the post I promoted.

Least Popular Post: "Shuffleboard 1" with 1 hit.
I think something got screwed up with this. Oh well.

Coolest Country that Visited: New Zealand with 2 hits.
Come on, Kiwis! Get with the program!

Most Commented On: "Here It Goes Again" with 6 comments
Wow, my very first blog post was also my most commented on one. Huh.

Personal Favorite Post: Tie between "The Problem with Prosperity Preachers" and "Our Post-Apocalyptic Fascination" 
These were both posts I felt very strongly about, and that at least spurred on a little discussion. Prosperity Gospel idiots and defeatist wallowing/thinking are big problems in our society, and I felt like ranting a little. I think they turned out well. Hehe.

So What's Next?
I plan on keeping this blog going as long as I can. I'm still job hunting in KC, and if I get a job that somehow restricts my ability to have a personal opinion blog, then I will comply and THE REACTOR will be dead for a while. But if not, I'll keep chugging along, reacting to the world as I see it.

What do YOU want?
That's right, I'm asking each of the 1373 unique visitors. What do you want me to write about? More of this? Less of that? Let me know what you're interested in reading about, and I'll write about it. So leave a comment below, send me an email/voicemail/facebook message/tweet, and I'll get on it.

Here's to you, THE REACTOR. May there be many more birthdays in your future.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your shuffleboard posts. I think you have great insight and knowledge about music. I would like to see more shuffleboard posts or reviews of albums.

    ReplyDelete